Ditch Your New Year’s Resolution Day is January 17, 2015: 5 online tools to avoid falling back into bad habits
13 JANUARY 2015, TORONTO, ON
Toronto, 13th January 2015: Did you know: Saturday, January 17, 2015 is officially deemed “Ditch Your New Year’s Resolutions Day”? With just 8% of people actually achieving their yearly resolutions (Statistic Brain, 2014), Helpling.com, a web-based platform for booking home cleaning services, is providing five easy online tools that can help you curb the urge to ditch your newly-made personal vows.
“Most people start the New Year with good intentions, but after returning from holidays and getting back into the busyness of life, resolutions have a tendency to be forgotten. A lot of people don’t even bother making resolutions because they don’t think they can maintain them,” says Helpling.com managing director Blake Connoy. “With the growing ability to manage our lifestyles online, the Helpling team has five simple online tools that you can use to help keep your resolutions on track.”
Helpling.com offers the following to ensure Torontonians stick to their goals over the next 12 months:
5 Online Tools To Keep Your New Year’s Resolutions
1. Stick To A Healthy Diet: Eating better is on everyone’s agenda in the New Year. Nowadays, you don’t need to resort to ordering a greasy pizza online, as there are plenty of home delivery services that send healthy fresh-made food to your door. Not only is this a great way to better your eating habits, but it also takes the guess work and effort out of planning healthy meals. Some examples of Toronto-based delivery services include fresh food from ChefsPlate.com and EssentialMealDelivery.com, which allow you to follow a meal plan based on your lifestyle.
2. Keep Your Home Clean: A recent survey conducted by Helpling.com revealed that Torontonians want clean homes, but only 5% actually enjoy cleaning. Get a fresh, clean start to your 2015 by usingHelpling.com to take care of the dirty work. Helpling allows you to book a local, experienced, and insured cleaner in just a few clicks for just $25 an hour – taking the stress out of keeping up with your cleaning in the New Year.
3. Keep Fit: While you may vow to go to the gym in the New Year, it doesn’t always happen. There are some amazing apps that allow you to track and keep up with a fitness routine at your own pace, in the comfort of your home. Some of these include: Human (an app that encourages you to get your 30 minutes of activity each day) and Instant Fitness(an app that provides easy workouts for you to do anywhere).
4. Save More Money: Tracking your money can be a real bore, but with sites like Mint.com, you’re able to set budgets, analyze your spending (how much you’ve spent on entertainment, food, etc. each week), and get a hold on where you should scale back &mdash all without having to sort through your monthly bank statements.
5. Learn Something New: Improving your skills and furthering your knowledge (whether for work or for personal growth) is another popular resolution. Learning company Lynda.com allows you to select online courses that you can complete at your own pace from home. Whether web design, photography, business, software or creative skills, there are tutorials available online for you to increase your learning in the New Year.
Helpling is the leading online marketplace for home services outside the U.S. On the website or via app, customers can book a vetted and insured cleaner and gain back free time within a couple of clicks. For self-employed cleaners, the online service makes it easier than ever to access new clients and to manage when and where they want to work. As the first marketplace in Europe, Helpling mediates various household services from a single source, e.g. window cleaning, furniture assembly or painting work.
Helpling was founded by Benedikt Franke, Philip Huffmann and Rocket Internet in January 2014. Since then the company has raised 56.5 million Euros from investors such as Mangrove Capital Partners, Phenomen Ventures, Point Nine Capital, Lukasz Gadowski, Lakestar and Kite Ventures. Helpling is active in 9 countries in 3 continents: Australia, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, the Netherlands, Singapore, UAE and UK.